Hattie Larlham Community Employment works with a network of Northeast Ohio companies to help adults with physical, mental, emotional or developmental disabilities find employment. Community Employment works with the employee to assess and develop skills and deliver on-the-job training and coaching to ensure ongoing job satisfaction.
Employment services are tailored to the needs and goals of the employee with disabilities. The employment program serves high school age and older adults with disabilities in Summit, Portage, Cuyahoga and Stark counties. To participate, job candidates must be eligible for services through Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) or other state or county agency.
Community Employment Services
- Vocational Evaluation: An assessment to identify community job options that would be a good fit.
- Community-Based Assessment: An opportunity to try various job environments, while identifying work strengths and weaknesses.
- Work Adjustment: Improve weaknesses to prepare for community employment.
- Job-Seeking Skills Training: Build interview skills, develop a resume and learn how to look for a job.
- Job Placement Assistance: One-on-one support to find, apply to and interview for a community job.
- Job Coaching: Temporary, one-on-one, on-the-job support to learn job tasks and work behaviors.
- Job Retention: Assistance maintaining community employment.
- Summer Youth Employment Program: Four weeks paid work experience and one week instructor-led peer training classroom sessions in community settings.
To hire a well-trained and highly qualified worker for your business, contact Hattie Larlham Community Employment.
Integrated Community Employment Manager
Hattie Larlham Vocational Services
530 South Main Street, Suite 1714
Akron, Ohio 44311